Top 10 amazing Aussie spots that Oprah Winfrey didn’t visit
1. No visit to Melbourne is complete without visiting one of these stalwarts: the local pub. The Napier also happens to be home to the auspicious Bogan Burger – complete with steak, chicken schnitzel, bacon, egg, cheese and a hash brown.
2. Home to Australia’s most spectacular sunsets, Mindil Beach is the perfect place to wind down after a steaming hot day in Darwin.
3. Luminescent green vineyards in South Australia arguably grow the country’s best wines.
4. Admittedly much cuter when they are babies, time is running out for these funny little fellas, only found in Tasmania. Oprah and her mates should be paying them a visit in their homeland before they go the way of the Tasmanian Tiger.
5. Oprah probably won’t be taking in a camel ride at sunset along spectacular Cable Beach, in the Kimberleys.
6. Clear waters meet rocks bearing orange-red lichens at Hazard’s Beach in one of the world’s most beautiful, and relatively undiscovered, places.
7. Probably valued higher than the currency version at the moment, the chances of Oprah seeing the rarer branch of the kangaroo family are pretty slim. What’s the difference? These guys have a fine coat of hair instead of fur.
8. The gobsmacking Flinders Rangers once rested on the ocean floor, hence its peculiar wave-shaped hills and the ripples engraved into the rocks. Oprah’s unlikely to make it, nestled in the northern central part of South Australia.
9. South Australian outback can really heat up: so in Coober Pedy, townsfolk have all moved underground. Don’t think Oprah’s mob will be staying at this hotel.
Yet another classically beautiful spot in Tassie, within the Cradle Mountain National Park: Oprah unlikely to be koala-spotting in these parts.